Why do we have a uniform?
- It helps to create a positive learning environment.
- It encourages formality and smartness which will be required by future employers.
- It promotes team spirit and identity. We are a community and students are recognised
as being from The Brunts Academy.
- Students are expected to wear their uniform with pride and in such a way that reflects the ethos of high standards and achievement at The Brunts Academy. Smartness, health and safety considerations and common sense form the basis of the expected standards of appearance.
- Brunts green blazer with school badge
- Black tailored trousers (no jeans or tight trousers)
- Academy skirt
- White shirt and school tie
- Plain Brunts green V-neck pullover
- Regulation Brunts green cardigan, with Brunts logo
- Plain black polishable shoes – no trainers, boots, pumps or canvas shoes
- Socks/tights should be plain and black.
- Outdoor coats should be weatherproof plain black or navy blue, with no large logos.
- Hoodies, fur, denim and studded leather jackets are not allowed.
- Extremes of hair style such as unnatural bright colourings and shaved patterns are not permitted.
- Nail varnish or gel nails are not permitted. Make up should be discreet and not obvious.
- No jewellery other than plain stud earrings on the lower lobe of each ear and one plain ring.
- No facial or body piercings are permitted.
- Caps/hats are only allowed in extreme weather conditions.
- Plain white polo shirt (with optional Brunts logo)
- Black shorts
- Green/yellow rugby shirt for boys, Brunts green round neck sweatshirt or green/yellow
- Rugby shirt for girls
- Green football socks for winter, white ankle socks for summer
- Students may wear black tracksuit bottoms and/or black cagoule in adverse weather