“Brunts is a good school” – Ofsted 2013
Exam Results 2016
- 174 students achieved A*- C in English
- 191 students achieved A*-C in Maths
- 166 students achieved A*- C in English and Maths
- 158 students achieved 5+ A*-C including English and Maths
- 249 students achieved 5 or more GCSE passes
- 99.7% pass rate at A-Level
DFE 2015 League Tables – Within a 10 mile radius and out of 46 secondary schools, we are:
- 1st for % pupils making expected progress in Maths
- 2nd for % achieving EBACC
- 4th for % achieving grades A* – C in English and Maths
- 5th for % pupils making expected progress in English
- 6th for % achieving 5+ A* – C including English and Maths
Brunts have been awarded ‘Champion School’ status by National Citizen Service (NCS) due to its commitment to its youth programme to date. The academy was selected from thousands of schools participating across the country by National Citizen Service, the UK’s flagship youth programme for 16 and 17 year olds, and is one of only 20 in the Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire to receive this award.
Brunts is proud of the success our students achieve and we see our students develop into lifelong learners whilst enjoying their time with us. We pride ourselves on celebrating student achievement both in and outside school and all our “Student Success” stories can be found on News and Facebook and Twitter pages.
We have a qualified Careers Advisor who can help your child from the very start of their time at Brunts begin putting in steps to achieve their dream job! Brunts run a number of careers, employability and enterprise activities and regularly participate in local and national competitions.
Brunts has fantastic extra-curricular sports, music and performing arts programmes with all our teams continually achieving great success against other schools in the area! Our Year 9 Rugby team won the County Championship and our Swing and Concert Bands came 1st and 2nd in the Mansfield Music and Drama Festival in April 2016!
In a recent visit from an external DfE consultant – he said that teaching at Brunts was ‘Good’ and that we could so be easily Outstanding in the near future.