Brunts Parent Panel – How parents can gain a greater insight into the working of the Academy and contribute towards shaping its future.
The parent panel gives all parents the opportunity to give feedback to the Academy on all aspects of school life ensuring that communication is truly a two way street. It also allows staff to keep parents informed about the latest educational developments and how the Academy will be responding to them.
At a recent meeting the focus was to make sure that the Academy uses a variety of methods of communication to give all parents clearer access to information to help support their child’s learning.
The website is a vital tool for parental access. This now has a search tool to aid navigation and anyone with questions can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings are held about every two months and all year groups are represented by the parents. Membership currently stands at over 20 but all parents are welcome.
It is one of the best ways of ensuring that the feelings of parents are absorbed and acted upon. Current discussion topics are:
- Parental engagement – how the Academy is working with parents to support their child’s learning. This includes information about how the subjects
are taught, providing data on progress, and regular communication.
- Parents evenings – how we can utilise the time better for both parents and teachers.
- Open evenings – feedback on the evening can be found under Our Academy – Parental Engagement – Surveys.
- Option Choices – improving information available to parents and students to inform decision making.
- Want to join or sign up for news alerts, contact email@example.com